The PTA would like to welcome you to Indian Woods!
2020-21 NEW! Membership is available ONLINE! Click Here
What does the PTA do?
· Offered $150 stipend to each teacher
· Purchased a school sports tent for meets and games
· Donated games and candy for South Area Kid Fest
· Contributed prizes for the PBIS program
· Helped fund 7th and 8th grade field trips and team parties
· Donated to SM South for Project Graduation
· Purchased gifts for teacher appreciation week
· Prepared lunches during conferences and teacher appreciation week
· Contributed for the school musical
· Helped the SMSD clothing center with donations
· Purchased a Wolf for the school mascot
· Bought pizza for Giving Tree Events
· Purchased books for the Indian Woods library
2020-21 PTA Executive Board & Contact Information - Click Here For Directory
INDIAN WOODS MIDDLE SCHOOL PTA WELCOMES YOU!!!
Please review our latest flyer - CLICK HERE
We are excited to start this school year with you and your kids! There are so many ways to get involved with your child and your school. We are going to work hard to make this a fun and memorable year for everyone!
1) Tuesday, September 22 PTA meeting 7:00 pm
Get a chance to meet our new Principal, John Bartel, and find out what is going on at the Woods and ask questions you might have. Click on the Zoom link to join meeting.
Meeting ID: 920 0053 5859 Passcode: 613226
2) Join the PTA
We need your support! Please click on the link to join and donate.https://indianwoods.new.memberhub.store/store
3) Spirit Wear
Show your school spirit and pride by purchasing Indian Woods spirit wear.https://indianwoods.new.memberhub.store/store
4) Indian Woods Yard Signs
Purchase your yard sign--only $10! Show your school pride and support the PTA!https://indianwoods.new.memberhub.store/store
SMAC Clothing Center Information- COMING SOON
- Click here for 2020-21 SMAC Clothing Center Schedule (English) Coming Soon
- Click here for 2020-21 SMAC Clothing Center Schedule (Spanish)
2020-21 PTA Reflection Contest - Deadline for Entries is Oct. 15, 2020
It’s time for the annual PTA National Reflection Contest. This year’s theme is “I Matter Because” This information has been shared with the Indian Woods staff and any student is welcome to participate.
Students can use dance choreography, film production, photography, literature, music composition, or visual arts to express how the theme relates to their lives.
Rules and entry form may be found HERE, as well as the video of the SMSD winners from last year. The deadline for submission is October 20, 2020.
Need inspiration? Check out the video featuring last year’s Award of Excellence recipients HERE.
Questions may be directed to Maureen Goddard, firstname.lastname@example.org , PTA Reflections Chair.
2020-21 PTA Citizenship Program - Deadline for Entries is- COMING SOON
This year’s theme is, “COMING SOON”. Students may submit poetry or essay entries. They are welcome to submit as many entries as they would like.
● Typed entries are preferred
● Entries will be judged on: originality, support of thought and relevance to theme
● Deadline is COMING SOON and to be turned in to the IW office
● Click here for participation and entry rules and entry form. (please take time to read over the rules)
● If needed, paper copies of the entry form and rules can be picked up at IW office
2020-21 Presidential Volunteer Service Award-COMING SOON
The President's Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) is a national program that recognizes and honors students who demonstrate outstanding service to their community, nation, or abroad. Volunteer service hours should be tracked during the 12 month period between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020. All forms must be submitted to the Indian Woods office by April 3, 2020.
Program Information Entry Forms & Details HERE.
Please contact Maureen Goddard at 913-522-4420 if you have any questions.